Monday, September 1, 2008

Journal #1 Self-Introduction




Hi, This is Wendy. I came from Japan. I have a Japanese father and Taiwanese mother. I was born in Taiwan, but I grew up in Japan. My family only speaks Japanese because my dad can't speak Chinese. My mom taught me some Taiwanese, so I can understand some of them. Since I don't know how to pronounce the words, I don't speak Taiwanese at all. When I studied at Daito Bunka University in Japan, my major was Chinese language. I got a B.A. degree in Chinese language. After that, I studied at Beijing Foreign Language University for a year. Therefore, I can speak Standard Chinese-Mandarin since then. My first language is Japanese, second language is Chinese, and third language is English.


My future goal is becoming a CPA and working in the US. I hope I can work at big four accounting firms' international division because I want to use my language skills to do accounting job. In order to be a CPA, my plan has four steps. First, go to graduate school to study accounting while persuing Master of Science in Accountancy. Second, do internship during graduate school and study for CPA exam at same time. Third, pass CPA exams and work at accounting firm for two years. Finally, obtain the licence of a CPA. Thus, I need to prepare for GMAT and increase the score of TOEFL. I hope I will be able to improve my score by the end of this semester.


I love to go to national parks for hiking and wonderful sights with my friends. The U.S. has spectacular views. I was always impressed with the beauty of the nature. I've been many national parks, such as Yellowstone, Teton, Devil's Tower, Olympic, Mt. Rainer, Grand Canyon, Arches, Natural Bridge, Zion, Rocky Mountains, Death Yalley, Yosemite National Parks. I love Yellowstone National Park the most. Besides national parks, I love watching movies. I watch many types of movies-action, Sci-fi, comedy, romance, horror, fantasy, human, and adventure. I don't like watching documentary and war movies.

2 comments:

RenNiaoFei said...

sweat girl

leinster said...

I'd like to see more of journal entries!